Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Camelia Miron Skiba - An Author Interview in the HBS Author's Spotlight

Today our blog puts the Spotlight on Author Camelia Miron Skiba. She is the author of the Dacian Legends series.



Author Genre: Romance, Women's Fiction, Historical Fiction

Website: LOVE. WITHOUT YOU
Twitter: @CamiSkiba
E-Mail: authorcameliamironskiba[at]gmail[dot]com
Goodreads: Check Out Goodreads
Google+: Check Out Google+
Facebook: Check Out Facebook


Author Description:
I'm a dreamer
I'm a sinner
I love my books
I conjure hooks
And heroes with good looks

Romance is my guilty pleasure
Taking me to places with new decor
Come join me if you dare
I promise not to bore

If you like to read my stories
Pray my husband continues snorin'
For he's the one who keeps me up at night
When I give my heroes wings and flight.


SPOTLIGHT Questions and Answers with the Author

Congratulations on your book: Me Tarzan--You Jane. What do you have on the drawing board next? Can you tell us the timeline for its release and give us a little tease?

Thank you, James, and thank you so much for inviting me to your lovely blog. I have several novellas and two full novels in different stages of being finished. Me Tarzan—You Jane only came out four months ago, so I’m reluctant to give a definite new release date, but I will say before the end of the year for sure.

You have a good following on twitter. How important have your social media relationships been? How did you build your following in your niche? Do you see a carry over to your writing success?

Not as many as I wish but I’m constantly reaching out to other users. My twitter account is actually much newer than my blog, which is my main social platform. I link all my accounts (website, facebook, goodreads, twitter, etc) to ensure maxim visibility and reach people that only prefer one platform or the other. Over the years I met incredible readers who later on became amazing friends and that to me is more than I could’ve ever dreamed of.

You do some book signings, interviews, speaking and personal appearances? When and where is the next place where your readers can see you? Where can they keep up with your personal contacts online?

My next public appearance will be at the Dreamin’ Convention, here in Phoenix, May 29 through May 31. I also do local book clubs appearances, and anyone interested in inviting me can contact me at authorcameliamironskiba[at]gmail[dot]com

You have great covers. They carry a theme and your brand with them. How does your book cover creation process work? Do you hand over the basic theme or do you have more of a hands-on approach? Do you get your readers involved in its development?

Covers are to me equally as important as the story. I work with several artists/photographers. To me each cover starts with an image that totally steals my heart. I see it, and my gut instinct says, “That’s. It.” We then go over the details. For A WORLD APART, my second novel I had readers involved which was a lot of fun. I had 3 covers and we did a poll and the cover with most votes won.

You belong to the writer support group, Buildin’ the Dream. We have had several of the authors in the (Author Helping Authors) group interviewed in the Author’s Spotlight. What a great group of outstanding people. What is the main thing that you get out of this association? http://www.buildinthedream.com/

Support. Writers are shy people by nature, often hiding behind the screen, immersed in fictional worlds. To meet another writer in person and have an actual conversation it’s tremendous help, especially when struggling with your muse, or need a shoulder to lean on when faced with a bad review, or lack of inspiration.

Between your book writing, blogging, marketing, family and all the other things that can get in your way, how do you manage your time? Do you have a set schedule or do you sort of play it by ear?

I also have a very rewarding day job, I don’t see myself giving up, just because I truly enjoy it. I usually write at night, after dinner for solid three hours. In between loads of laundry on the weekend and grocery shopping there’s always time for writing. TV is something I gave up long ago and, if I watch anything, then it’s recorded (can’t stand commercials). I think if you truly want to do something, you just find the time.

I see you have been involved with I am a Reader, Not a Writer book hop. What has been your experience with book tours and hops? Did they contribute to the increase of your book sales?

I love blog hops and giveaways! They allow me to meet new people, catch up with other bloggers and, if I enter any of the giveaways, then I might as well win a prize. Not sure the hops really boost my sales or not, but definitely they bring new people to my blog.

Do you maintain a reader list? What are the methods you use to find your readers and create the list and the relationship? Do you use social media, forums, newsletters and/or support groups to build your list?

I have a very solid group of beta-readers, relying totally on their input. I’m always looking for new ones, so if anyone reading this interview is interested, please do contact me at authorcameliamironskiba[at]gmail[dot]com. I also have a list of bloggers I contact about 3 months before publishing a new book.

You have a great blog. You do a great job keeping readers informed, marketing your books and supporting other writers. What is your primary goal? And where in the world do you find the time to create great novels, take care of the social media and maintain your blog?

I began blogging regularly since February of 2012 and now, three years later I have over 10,000 followers. My goal is to share from my writing journey and help other writers be discovered. “I don’t have time” is to me an excuse. I’m not saying it’s easy to carve time to follow your dream, but it’s possible. Take it from someone who only moved to the US twelve years ago, and whose maternal language is not English. And yet, writing is my dream and nothing will ever stop me from living it to the max. You, dear reader, can do it too, if you want it badly enough.

This year’s Tucson Festival of Books was a great event, enjoyed by thousands. A Book festival is a unique selling situation. How did you prepare for the festival? Did it meet your goals? If you had to do something different next year, what would that be?



I had a blast at the Festival! It challenges me to come out of my shell, which is a work in progress for the shy person that I am. I’ve met friends I knew from the previous year, and made new ones. I brought enough books (or so I thought) but by the second day I was sold out of two of my books (the Dacian series, BORN IN VENGEANCE and BORN IN SIN), so next year I’ll just bring more books.

James, once again thank you so much for inviting me to visit your blog. And thank you to anyone who took the time to read this interview.



Author's Book List
Me Tarzan--You Jane
Moving on doesn’t always have to mean goodbye.

Widowed makeup artist Jane Sullivan is more comfortable keeping her husband's memory alive than dating a pool full of sharks. Ella, her 4 year-old daughter, is her whole world.

When Jane meets Lucas Oliver, famous cover model, it’s hate at first sight. His playboy persona rubs her the wrong way.

Accustomed to every woman fawning over him, Lucas is drawn to the shy, uncompromising single mom and completely melts at the sight of Ella. He is determined to convince Jane that sometimes a second chance can mend a broken heart.


Order the Book From: Amazon
A WORLD APART
In a war that's not hers she loses everything.
Everything she loses is because of him.
Forgiveness is not an option.
Or maybe...

Lieutenant Cassandra Toma, trauma surgeon in the Romanian National Army starts her deployment at the joint-unit air base M. Kogalniceanu on a wrong foot, clashing on her first day with her new commander, Major David Hunt. Her rebellious nature and sassiness rival her excellent performance in the operating room—the only reason why she’s not reprimanded, or maybe not the only reason.

They meet. They clash. A forbidden passion consumes them with the intensity of an erupting volcano, leaving her heartbroken and him with tarnished honor and pride as an officer. The only way out for David is disappearing into the dangerous warzone in Iraq. Their flame was supposed to be over when destiny brings them back under the same roof, this time with a common goal—to find Cassandra’s brother, Major Robert Toma, kidnapped by insurgents while on patrol.

To rescue Robert, Cassandra and David put aside their resentments, uniting forces against a common enemy. Trying to forget the painful past, Cassandra opens up to give David—and their love—another chance. What she doesn’t realize is that her anguish is the result of David’s impetuous action—one reckless choice he made for which she may never forgive him.

His mistake, his secret, could cost them both the love they’ve finally found.


Order the Book From: Amazon
BORN IN SIN - Dacian Legends Book 2
Loathing the thought of his beloved Oriana in the arms of another man, fearless Zyraxes delivers death upon the Roman enemy. With only the rugged land as his bed and the sky as his blanket, trouble finds him often.

Summoned to aid Oriana’s father in the war against two powerful enemies—one of them Oriana's savage husband—Zyraxes proves himself worthy of more than just noble titles and coin. But he wants none of it. What he wants is her.

When Zyraxes discovers a broken and nearly dead Oriana, though forbidden, he disregards her father's orders to leave her to her death, and instead chooses to protect and conceal her. Will saving her be enough to win her heart? Will his part royal lineage make him worthy of her love?


Order the Book From: Amazon
BORN IN VENGEANCE - Dacian Legends Book 1
Legend has it … centuries after Spartacus another hero is born—Ilias, the bastard son of King Decebalus. Thirsty for revenge and eager to unshackle the Roman oppression, Ilias’ obsession to fulfill his oath has no bounds, even if that means kidnapping Nerva, the beloved daughter of Emperor Traianus. What he doesn’t know is his own heart threatens to betray his conscience.

What will prevail: his mind or his heart?


Order the Book From: Amazon
HIDDEN HEART
Businesswoman Tessa Cosma knows how to ride the wave of chaos in corrupt, post-communist Romania to maintain the lifestyle she so carefully built for herself. Her ideal world shatters when an unplanned pregnancy ends after a brutal assault. To compound her troubles, she must unravel a fraud accusation that threatens her reputation and career.

Alessandro Santinelli, the charismatic Italian banker with whom she spent an incredible, lust-filled night a year ago, comes to her rescue. Tessa refuses his help and chooses to rise above the devastating forces of death, betrayal and fraud to prove her innocence and discover her true self.

Throughout Tessa’s journey towards forgiveness and redemption, Alessandro guards over her from a distance. He provides her the space and time she needs to heal, meanwhile hoping to recapture something he believes was lost and unattainable.


Order the Book From: Amazon - Barnes and Noble
Author Recommended by: HBSystems Publications
Publisher of ebooks, writing industry blogger and the sponsor of the following blogs:
HBS Author's Spotlight
eBook Author’s Corner
Top Shelf Author Advice
Mystery Reader’s Circle

Check out the index of other Spotlight authors. Spotlight Index.

No comments:

Post a Comment